Forney 322 is a multi-process welder that lets you perform MIG, Stick and TIG welding. It supports wide applications because it is perfect for repair, farms, light industrial works, automotive, maintenance, general fabrication and boats.
This high performance welder is good for MIG welding with regulator and gas-hose for the easy switch between welding processes.
Forney multi-process welder comes with useful features such as synergic MIG mode, standard MIG mode, spool gun capability, stick electrode holder, quick euro style disconnect torch, longer torch with common consumables, HD cast aluminum feed and drive rolls.
Please makes sure that the TIG torch and foot pedal are not included; you have to buy them separately. The welder also comes with an instant-start guide for the convenient setup.
It supports 120V input power (20A standard or 15A with adapter. It also comes with a 10 feet MIG gun, 15 feet power cord and 4 inches or 8 inches are acceptable spool sizes. Acceptable wire diameters are up to .35 inch and acceptable electrode diameters are up to 3/32 inch and some 1/8 inch.
- Forney is one of the top brands in the USA so most of the Forney products or of high quality without any doubts.
- You can also weld aluminum with the addition of a spool gun.
- A good price welder – you can find the similar capability welders for the 2X price.
- The suggested components are well compatible with the unit.
- You receive a solid welding performance.
- The unit is shipped in good packaging to safeguard this Forney welder. You will not get any complaints regarding the packing related things.
- Whether you want to perform small or large welding tasks, Forney 322 welder does awesome work.
Considering the pros of this Forney multi-process welder, it is a high performance unit. This affordable welder has many advantages such as tools compatibility, good packaging for the safety and no doubts to the welding performance.
- The unit has received one complaint regarding the setting. According to the setting, you can weld aluminum but this machine is DC only. You have to some kind of customizations to weld aluminum.
- You need a plug in the 7-pin connector to perform TIG welding.
- You have to buy some components separately.
The above-mentioned disadvantages don’t disturb the overall performance. However, you have to keep the suggested cons, which are attached with this Forney welder. To overcome these disadvantages, you may have to spend more only to buy the tools. You also have to do some customization to use this machine as a multi-purpose welder.
To conclude, Forney 322 multi-process welder delivers good welding performance. You can use this machine to weld varieties of materials. However, to weld aluminum, you need with the addition of a spool gun.
The Forney MIG/TIG/Stick welder has built-in setup for Stick and MIG welding processes. To use the TIG welding process, you have to do some kind of customization work. According to the product description on Amazon some accessories such as spool gun, TIG torch and foot pedal are sold separately.