Hobart 500554001 Handler 190 delivers good welding performance as per users’ reviews on Amazon.com. The 230V welder comes with various impressive features for the ease of welding. It can weld 24 ga. to 5/16-inch steel in a single pass. The machine has the welding output current from 25A to 190A.
Further, Hobart Handler 190 has 7 stages of voltage options to select the appropriate voltage as per your welding requirements. So, the 7 level of voltage selection is good for the welding convenience. Additionally, this Hobart welder has enhanced magnetics and infinite wire feed speed control.
It features spool gun circuitry so that you will not require additional kits or controls. Since it has SpoolRunner 100, so you can eliminate feeding problems coming from aluminum wire. This welding machine can also be used with a mild or stainless steel wire. Amazingly, Hobart handler 190 welder has a 7-positoin voltage switch and infinite wire feed speed control to create a welding arc that matches metal thickness and wire diameter.
Hobart handler 190 is very easy to setup and use. You just need to give just few minutes for the set-up and you are ready to weld. It also comes with a user guide, which is very helpful to set up your welding machine very well. This welding machine is made to tackle those welding projects that require more power. Yes, you can use this welder for welding auto body panels, mower decks, exhaust systems, trailer frames, tool carts and many DIY projects.
- Work cable with clamp
- 10 feet H100S4-10 gun
- Dual gauge regulator with gas hose
- Spool hub assembly accommodates 4 or 8 inches spools
- Sample spool of .030 inch
- Self-shielding flux-cored wire
- .030 inch contact tips
- Power cord with plug
- Weld set-up chart
- Owner’s manual
- SpoolRunner 100
- 10 feet cable in plastic case
You can check the components list that contains all the required components, which you often need for welding successfully. The Hobart Handler 190 welder comes with 10 feet longer cable for the flexible use. It also comes with dual-gauge regulator, self-shielding flux-cored wire, power cord plug and a user’s manual.
- A quality machine from Hobart, which is an established manufacturer having decades of production experience.
- Simple and easy to operate
- The inner panel door has a chart, which is useful for welding parameters such as size, metal types, welding process and weld polarity
- The spool gun works perfectly.
- This MIG welder is good for home projects and shops.
- It can weld aluminum also.
- Good price
- Not a lightweight unit
- MIG welding process only, so it is a learner’s machine
- Some users complained that they received a broken machine but it was quickly replaced upon the request.
- Some users complained regarding the voltage setting.
To conclude, this Hobart handler welder is good for a wide range of welding projects. You can use it for home projects, DIY and repairing related welding tasks. The good price welder also comes with good features to assist you in the MIG welding process.
According to the pros and cons, this Hobart handler 190 received; it has mixed reviews but most of them are positive points. This SpoolRunner welder is good from performance side. However, this is a heavy welding machine so it will be a little difficult to move from one place to other places.
Since the welder is from Hobart, so quality and good performance assured because Hobart has years of experience for producing a wide range of welding machines.