Of course, it is portable and safe to use with your welders. It is good to extend the range of any welding equipment. This Southwire extension cord is good for commercial construction, industrial welding.
There shouldn’t be any doubts to the quality of this product because it is highly rated on Amazon. Southwire manufactures a wide range of high-quality hand tools, meters, testers, lighting extension cords and various other contractor equipment.
It comes with molded ends for safety and convenience at the jobsite. This extension cord is rated at 40 Amps, 250 Volts and 10,000 watts.
- The manufacturer is Coleman Cable not Southwire.
- 14 x 14 x 14 inches product dimensions
- 25 feet length
- Blue color
- 10,000 wattage
- Welder cord included
- It comes with the molded ends that offer safety and convenience on the worksite.
- 10.9 pounds item weight
- 40 Amps, 250V rated extension cord
- Type B plug
The product details give you an overall view on this product. Checking the product details means getting an overall idea about this product. Southwire heavy duty cable details are mentioned above. These details are related to manufacturer, size, weight, dimensions, color, voltage etc.
- This Southwire cable is longer than other cables on market so you have an extended reach.
- The cable is not only for welders, but also for electric vehicle chargers.
- For many users, this heavy-duty cable doesn’t come with any issues.
- It is good for 220V power, which is good to connect most of the welders.
- Customers are happy with the quality and performance this cable offers
- This is a highly recommended product, which is cheaper than building your own extension cord.
All the advantages have been mentioned in the above list. These advantages are centered around overall performance, satisfaction level of customers and the connectivity ease.
- Some users at Amazon complain that this is a China made product, false information has been provided in the listing.
- The receptacle end is very tight.
- On the cover, 40 Amp service is indicated while Amazon indicated 50 Amp service.
All good products may have some disadvantages also. To let you know of those disadvantages, the above mentioned list is very helpful. This Southwire Heavy-Duty STW 40-Amp Nema cable has some disadvantages related to the product origin, fitting and false AMP service have been mentioned on Amazon.com website.
Southwire 19178806 has many happy users so it is worth the money. However, the product has received many complains that this is not a Southwire product but a China made product. However, according to many reviews, the good quality cable gets the job done. If you are looking to buy a heavy-duty cable at a cheaper price, this is the good product to meet your requirements. Please keep two faults of this cable in your mind, which are: the female end is a little tight and the product is made in China.